Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Vintage Cars in Goa


Vintage Cars in Goa


Vintage Cars have always been of interest to me ever since I was a kid. I would stop in my tracks if I ever came across these fine gems of yesteryear just to watch them pass by. Eventually time passed by and I finally owned camera. Added with my general interest in photography, it let me have the benefit of having at least a picture of these taken, if not own one.

During my annual vacations to Goa in the sixties and seventies, I often visited my relatives who lived far away. It was during one of such enjoyable trips when I travelled through the countryside that I came upon these cars in the market place or far away in distant districts where my relatives lived. Sometimes when I spotted them on the way, I would request the driver to stop, and after having immediately slowed down and eventually coming to a halt I would shoot and proceed on my way. Photographing these really made my day. Some old ruins of ancestral Goan homes provided a perfect setting.

The photograph of the Austin shown above was taken by me in 1976 at Mapusa. I often saw it parked then at the Praça, opposite the petrol station.

Tony Fernandes

Camera: Asahi Pentax S1a, with f2.0 55mm standard lens
Film & Print: Kodak
This picture is scanned from an original print.
© Tony Fernandes
4th October 2008