Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY - by Tony Fernandes



Soon we will celebrate Mother's Day in North America. It's celebrated all over the world on different dates in honouring our Mothers. Although the dates and months of Mother's Day differ from country to country, the message is the same. It is universal in the fact that it is the occasion to pay rich tributes to one of those persons who have had a great impact on our lives, a person whose love is unconditional, to a person whose care knows no boundaries, a person who does everything to keep her children happy, provide them with education and raise them with good values.

So what can we give our mother's in return. Can we pay them back for what they had done for us? That would be an impossible task. But we can appreciate what the hardships they have gone through to raise us up.

There's also no doubt they will continue to do good for their children in the future. Hence, this is a day for showing our love, appreciate and be grateful to our mothers for their care in our growing up. A day for our turn to pamper and shower them with love.

Today I look back to the days when I was young when my mother was alive and I cannot help but grieve for her untimely death. Among the loving and kind things she did for me, I remember how she sat up late into the night while I read for my exams and how she carried me when I had sores on my feet. A Mother's love is unconditional. And she does not expect a reward for whatever she does, be it for the care she provides and the worries she has about her children's well-being every day of the year. Although we celebrate a special day that is dedicated to show our respect and love for her just one day in a year, we love her everyday.

No comments: