Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

REVERSED ROLES : THE A-TEAM

Way back in the first half of the 80's I raced home from work. Particulary every week. The reason for the hurry was due to no other reason than to catch up with my favourite TV series of the time: The entertaining, adventurous and flawless: 'The A-Team'. The episodes were really exciting and thrilling to watch. This series was one of the favourites of my children as well, who would wait for me to come home and be a part of the excitement. Those were the good and happy times in Dubai, U.A.E. We thoroughly enjoyed all the episodes. We found them to be full of fun, intrigue and adventure. We admired the daring challenges of cigar-chewing Mr. Hannibal Smith, giggled at the fear of flying of the tough Mr.T, and merrily laughed at the wild antics of the ace flyer Murdock.

Twenty-eight years later, we are far away from the above. We are in Canada and my eldest daughter telephones me and says she wants to take me for a movie as a Father's Day treat. I agree. I leave the movie selection to her discretion as I have no doubt that she would well know the movies I would like to watch : she is a movie connoisseur - not only an admirer but a critic too! On that day, I asked her what movie were we going to see and she replied: "You'll see, you'll like it, you just come".

So I try to keep up, and finally succumb, to her usual fare of delightful surprises. Willing and waiting to be surprised we go to the AMC theatres, and I'm supposed to guess which movie I'm going to see. I look around at the various electronic titles of movies scrolling above the theatre entrance doors of the vast complex. I busily carry on munching on the pop-corn as I try to guess.

And astonished I truly was when we finally head for the appropriate theatre. Yes, I'm sure you must have definitely guessed it already. It was indeed to watch a movie re-make of the action-packed serial hit of the eighties. It was none other than the fabulous "THE A-TEAM". Really enjoyable.

Thank you, Denise.

1 comment:

Denise said...

You're welcome Dad. I enjoyed watching the A-Team both as a child and on Father's day. I remember you used to race home from Folio to be on time for 8 pm to watch the show. I have lots of good memories. When I heard about the movie, my first thought was "I have to see this with Dad". Glad you had fun.