Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Friday, November 16, 2012

INTO YOUR HANDS


St. Anne's Church, Parra, GOA - India

Poem from my book "Goa - Memories of My Homeland'

Some Goans have traveled far and wide all across the globe.
Nevertheless, with strong family ties
 to their folks and friends back home,
 some sort of a prayer for the well-being
 of those they left behind
may have automatically come to them.
Here is my own.

INTO YOUR HANDS

Into your hands O Lord
My loving family I place
Take good care of them
With your fondest grace.

Shelter them while I am gone
Guard them while I am away
Shield them from troubles and ailment
Grant my humble request, I pray.

Let happiness always reign
In my humble abode when I am not around
Their smiles preserved
And laughter ever abound.

Thoughts about my family
Forth I will always carry
With your blessings O Lord
Keep us all in unity.

Guide me well on my voyage
O Lord to you I pray
And bring me back safely
To be once again with my family.

Should from my voyage
I be destined not to return
Then to Your will, I will surrender,
But remember Lord,

Look after my folks, have concern.