Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

LONG BEFORE THE DAWN OF THE CELL PHONE

Back in the day long before the dawn of the age of the cell phone I remember we chatted for hours on end on long drives from town to town and city to city, passing through beautiful countryside that everyone in the family enjoyed. Then came the age of the cell phone, the ipad, and the Q10, Z10 and the 5S.


                   Nowadays on such long drives hardly anybody speaks to anyone, as I drive blissfully with full concentration and my eyes on the road. Everyone in the van is glued to their cell phone screens, some smiling to themselves and lost in their own world, or so it seems. I'm the only one who seems to be enjoying the natural landscape and gorgeous scenery around me and my favourite music on MP3.



                   Back in the day I had driving directions and maps printed in advance of visits to far-off places. Now I've been upgraded with a GPS - kind courtesy - my kids. But I still do get the occasional 'go left, keep right, slow down, take care - there's a man crossing there, and other such verbal warnings from passengers and back-seat drivers - which I take in stride, or should I say I take it 'in drive'.



Views of Muskoka
Photos by Tony Fernandes


No comments: