Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Mother of Mine

MOTHER OF MINE

Dubai 1972 – Airwaves around the world are abuzz with Jimmy Osmond’s ‘Mother of Mine’ and Dubai FM is no exception. The song turns out to be a huge hit for Jimmy, the youngest of nine children in the Osmond clan, who at the time was only nine years old. I thought about my Mum in Goa every time I heard it, and constantly hummed the tune or sang the lyrics underneath my breadth. Two years later I lost my mother. She was my best friend who I miss up to this day. She taught me all that I know and set an example living her own simple life and made my own worth living. Not a single day goes by without thoughts of her good values. She died young. I have outlived her so far by five years. Forty-three years after the song ‘Mother of Mine’ first captured the air-waves, I rededicate my favourite song to all mothers everywhere.
Hope it’s your favourite too.

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY

No comments: