Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Legendary Mayor of Mississauga Hazel McCallion passes away

 











We are very saddened to hear that the erstwhile Mayor of Mississauga Hazel McCallion has passed away early this morning.

The closest that my wife Edna and I got to see her was when the wonderful Mayor visited Edna's Pickles booth at the International Home Show held in the year 2005 at the International Centre in Mississauga where I presented her with my book "GOA - Memories of My Homeland (Poems and Stories)". The Mayor accepted the book and while she held it in her hand, she smiled and said: "Thank you for the book. I know Goa. I will read it".

Mississauga has lost a great, legendary and iconic leader. 

No comments: