Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Friday, January 22, 2016

A Visit to My Village


A Visit to My Old Village

The Sojourn

An evening stroll
in my tiny old  village I took;
saw the old folks
once so young,
now so frail and weak.

Aged with time at nature’s quest
they stared at me in total disbelief;
they seem to think I too
have aged along with them perhaps
yet neither of us could fathom
what time and years
had done to us in tandem.

Stories we had to tell in plenty
of days gone by in time so lengthy,
and as evening turned to twilight
it was time for us to bid “boa noite.”

Since my last visit
many years had elapsed,
had promised myself
that some day in the future
I will once again meet
the folks who I had left behind
from times so sweet.

Tony Fernandes