Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

REMEMBERING PHIL EVERLY

REMEMBERING PHIL EVERLY

ON THIS DAY
3 JANUARY 2014
R.I.P. Phil Everly of the fabulous Every Brothers.
One of the finest duos of singers in harmony of our time.
One half of the great duo 
Phil Everly 
passed away at 74


A Note from my Daughter.

Thanks to my Dad - Tony, I listened to the Everly Brothers my entire childhood and right through university. Their harmonies were second to none. They were on heavy rotation in my university dorm room along with Elvis Presley and Simon & Garfunkel. My roommates thought I was an old fogey. Saw the Everly Brothers perform live in concert with Simon & Garfunkel in 2003 and it was so amazing to hear all 4 of them perform Bye Bye Love together. "Crying in the Rain", "Walk Right Back" and "Bye Bye Love" got me through a lot of breakups. I still sing "Bird Dog" randomly out loud in public places and people think I'm making up the song. RIP Phil Everly. Thanks for the music.