Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day.

As I now reminisce, it was during the summer months of May back in the early 1960's in Goa. My father had taken me everywhere, visiting new places to see and explore, to the beach, to the market place every day to buy fresh fish and groceries, to my favourite restaurant in town for ice-cream, to the hills for walks, to pluck 'canttam' and 'cashew apples', to the lakes and springs for picnics, and to nearby streams for a swim. All these things just before the raging monsoons would set in. He had made several things for me, one of them being my very own first mini 'robond' - a catapult. He had also taken me fishing to the salt-water river near our village, for football games in the nearby town, and to distant places visiting friends and relatives, by bus, taxi and ferry, all of which I had enjoyed immensely. If I could only set back and change the pages of time. Here's a dedication to the great father that he really was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTchaCDlnds&t=70s


No comments: