Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Friday, February 08, 2008

The Farmer


The Farmer and His Blessings.

I've never made too much money,
And it's probably too late now anyway.
I don not consider it a big deal, I do not dismay,
I am happy and content come what may
Ploughing fields all day.

And as I move on the rest of the way
The seeds I've sown finally seem to reap
A great harvest I see in the fields
The toil and labour has fruits in a heap.

Gold and silver have I none
But I have good friends around me by the dozen
My riches are not in substance
But in a lot of love and care of my family
and friends around.

Thankful I am to the Good Lord
As I begin and end a day's hard toil
For good health and happiness he has provided
And for the mercy he has always shown;
Along life's long and arduous road
For His blessings and guidance he has bestowed.

Many a time things have not always
been the way I want;
Pain and anguish I have borne;
At times when I almost lost trust
And faith in Him
He stood by me
When I was completely torn.

The mountain of life that I climb get steeper
As the heavy onus of life I endure;
But when around me people I see
With a load larger and heavier
On an incline steeper t
han mine
My burden I seem to suddenly find
Getting so much lighter in time -
That makes me realize
There are lot more folks out there
Without money, riches, wealth
Or even much less than a dime.


Tony Fernandes