Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Flowers

Like most houses do, ours had a modest little garden. My mother planted different types of flower plants in it. She drew water from the nearby well, watered the plants, trimmed them and planted new ones once in a while. As a young boy I had my own set of plants that I tended to. Every morning when I woke up I would go to the garden to check whether any new buds had come up. During the rainy season, in one corner there was a creeper with tiny red flowers that was my favourite. It seemed to grow rapidly each day. I had tied a string from one side of the house to the other, just under the eaves drop, for the creeper to hold on.