Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Sunday, April 24, 2011

DREAM COME TRUE - MY FIRST DRIVE OVER THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE


As a child, teenager and a grown man, I have always marvelled this beautiful engineering wonder of the modern world from afar. Today it became a thrilling reality when my son-in-law Shawn, along with my daughter Denise, drove my wife Edna and me over this wonderful suspension bridge. Going over this bridge seemed an eternity. I kept on clicking away with my camera, and at the same time had goose bumps. I couldn't believe I was being over one of the most admired bridges ever built by man.
And then as a young man I read a lot about the concept of the bridge and the way it was constructed. Marvellous indeed. Firstly, in seeing it from afar approaching the bend from the south, and then my dream finally became a reality as we drove over it, culminating in one more landmark being taken off from the bucket list.

Thank you, Denise and Shawn.


Tomorrow : Monterey
Carmel.















No comments: