Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Monday, April 25, 2011

SAUSALITO, San Francisco



SAUSALITO

Many years ago, in the late 1970's, I had a song in my collection of cassettes, called 'Sausalito' a Euro Hit Single, sung by a Dutch duo called Rosy & Andres.



Some few years later, during the early 1980's I had included this song in a compilation that I made for my kids to listen while they were studying at St. Joseph's - a boarding school far away in the misty hills of a place called Panchgani in India.

So, I guess it was fitting to visit this place as my daughter and I saw it on the map of San Francisco, as we were in the process of planning a sightseeing tour of places around the Bay Area.


'Sausalito will always be on my mind', as we had sung the lyrics then, but now some 34 years after the song became a hit, Sausalito will even more so be on my mind after having visited the place.




Finally, a song, that we all loved, has its title connected with the reality of a beautiful and romantic place.


No comments: