Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Thursday, March 31, 2016

BEING IN THE VICINITY OF THE TOMB OF MOTHER TERESA




IMPACT OF MOTHER TERESA 

It was a great opportunity, privilege and a golden once in a lifetime chance to visit the Shrine and Tomb of Mother Teresa in Kolkata on the 7th of February 2016.

As soon as l walked in the modest room where Mother Teresa's tomb is enshrined, a shudder suddenly ran through my spine immediately giving me goose bumps. I bowed down and closed my eyes to say a prayer and pay my respects momentarily. Then, when I lifted my head up and opened my eyes, I saw everyone around me in tears and when l touched my own face I found that l was in tears too. Such is the impact of great Mother Teresa's radiance around those who come to visit her shrine in Kolkata. The awe, adoration and admiration was clearly visible on the faces of all those who silently stood and prayed around her tomb.

Although my visit to her tomb and a tour around the shrine lasted only a short while, I will remember and cherish these moments, and also the memories of attending the celebrations of a beautiful wedding of a family member for a long time.

No comments: