Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Feast Day of St. Anthony

Image result for st. anthony

Today, June 13, is the feast of St. Anthony of Padua, the patron saint of my alma mater, St. Anthony's High School, Monte de Guirim, Bardez, Goa. 
There are firm beliefs in the power of prayer to St. Anthony and how prayers have been helpful to them. It’s wonderful that we celebrate his feast.

Today, Anthony is one of the most popular Catholic saints in the liturgical calendar. People often ask his help when they lose things. I do that myself. Even when I don’t find what I lost, it is my experience that just praying and asking the saint’s help has a positive spiritual effect on me. Also, devotions dedicated to him have provided comfort and solace to people everywhere. 

Message from Father Dan, Franciscan Media.

As the day closes on this Feast of St. Anthony, let us recall a verse from Si Quaeris Miracula, a chant written for this day that some of you may remember. The particular verse I am thinking of is "cessat et necessitas," necessity is no more. In a more accessible language, our needs fall away. 

Our lives can seem like a constant stream of needs. We struggle to meet them, and we're sure that happiness is right around the corner. St. Anthony, if he were alive today, would encourage us to choose God's way and to seek God's wisdom. Isn't it comforting to think of our needs falling away? It is to me and I hope it is to you.

Finally, as we close the day, we want to share this prayer with you.

Saint Anthony,
champion of the poor and comforter of the needy,
I thank you for having come to my aid
and consoled me so abundantly.
Help me now to grow in love
of our merciful Father so that,
as you said, the King of Kings
 may reign in my heart and purify it.
May I live with you the gospel of Christ
and grow with you in Him, who is the Lord.
Amen.