Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Saturday, January 04, 2014

MUSIC OF MY TEENAGE YEARS

R.I.P.
 Phil Everly
 of the fabulous EVERLY BOTHERS
 One of the finest legendary duos
 of harmonizing singers of our time.


 One half of the great duo
- Phil Everly - 
 - of the EVERLY BROTHERS -
passed away yesterday,
3rd January 2014, at age 74.

To listen to one of Phil Everly's songs
please click on the link below:

Who's To Be The One Phil Everly demo


            In the song above Phil Everly's voice sounds remarkably very clear and as one of a very young person's tone. It no wonder, that is so, because it was recorded in 1960, and Phil was only 21 years old at the time.

            Sometimes coincidences happen, and strangely and remarkably so. In fact just two days ago my daughter sent me a link to 'Why Worry' and saying that this Art Garfunkel Mark Knofler written classic will always remind her of me, quoting the lyrics: "There should be laughter after pain. There should be sunshine after rain. These things have always been the same. So Why Worry, now?"



 Then, in the same breath my daughter said that she likes the same song sung by the Everly Brothers as well. So I sent her the Everly Brothers version which I have on CD.



            I was fortunate to hear the Everly Brothers with my children, live at the Air Canada Center in Toronto, along with Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel, a few years ago, courtesy tickets a la my daughters as a gift.

            I'm happy that my children enjoy the music that I played at home when they were young and remember those days.

            I remember my friends Adolf & Jerry singing in voices just like the Everly Brothers in Bombay in the 1960's. They were called 'Amin's Aspirations'
and had cut a 45 RPM vinyl record. I was in college then, when they were very popular and also known as the Everly Brothers of Bombay. Many years later in the early 1970's) as my good fortune and privilege would have it, I met Adolf and Hetty in Dubai and later Jerry. They sang an apt song 'Devoted to You' beautifully for our wedding in 1975. Last night my wife Edna and I remembered all of them. Those were the days, and the music of our times.

           I remember when we sang and played all the Everly Brothers songs with our friends in the days gone by in Goa, Bombay and the United Arab Emirates, for parties, picnics, dances and weddings. Unforgettable.

           Phil Everly, I'm sure you'll continue singing up there in heaven, while your music here on earth lives on. Rest in Peace.

No comments: