Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Live Radio Interview - Radio Mango Toronto

THE LIVE INTERVIEW
  Saturday 18th January 2014




I was very flattered when I was first asked to appear for a live interview for a radio broadcast by Host Milena Marques-Zachariah of Radio Mango Toronto. The initial 'unexpected expectations' gradually had me in slightly jittery and nervous mode about the very word of going 'live' to thousands of listeners worldwide. And I was not alone to go 'live' for the very first time in my life. I would be also interviewed along with my wife. A live life/wife-support of sorts! And it was also the first time that a husband-wife duo that was going to be interviewed on Radio Mango Toronto.

The first experience of varied thoughts running through my mind was to wait for the unexpected - to be ready for a slew of questions that could be thrown at me. And I momentarily started to get my life back together - the first one being to get my 'bio' ready - something that I have neither seen nor sent to any one in a very very long time.


So I paid a visit to the archives to look for my bio - that had gone to over four pages over the years. To shorten this bio to about a 7-minute interview, in such a short time, proved to be quite a task - a self-examination of sorts in the process and a soul-searching scrutiny in delving into my own past, and the realization of what the heck have I've been up to over the last so many years.


After reading and re-reading I managed to make a concise bio. On reading it to myself, I timed it, clocking it to a 10-minute duration, but that was still 3 minutes too long. So I had to still shorten it. And in doing so, had to slice off a good amount of precious experiences of my life! It was not an easy task.


Finally, the day (Saturday the 18th of January) for the 'live interview' arrived. We drove to the Studios in North Toronto well in advance. Prior to going into the studio, we were met by professional Hosts Milena & Wilson who, with their suave reassuring calm, immediately put my nerves to rest.


Five, Four, Three, Two, One......we were 'Live-on-Air' with the beacon flashing. The interview went well as far as I am concerned. My only hope is that the listeners enjoyed it.


The main focus of the interview was primarily a wife-husband association in a small business:

and


The informal atmosphere and the 'make-you-feel-at-home' feeling and warm welcome accorded to us by our hosts bolstered our confidence in making it a very successful interview. I must mention that my greatest moment was to go 'live with my harmonica' on the radio. I was very happy that they let me play my favourite, famous and timeless classic 'mando' of Goan song and folklore - 'Gupit Mog', and I thank Radio Host Milena for giving me this golden chance. I will treasure this moment always.

There were 3 prizes to be won for listeners who phoned in with the answers to the questions that had something to do with the interview. 


It was also great to watch through the glass window from the outside of the studio how the professionals do their job as well - with so much ease, expertise, dedication and competence - all for the love, and in the name of Konkani. Kudos to the Hosts - Milena and Wilson of RADIO MANGO TORONTO. Thank you both for having us on the Radio Show and making it a successful and stress-less one.


Those of you who missed listening to the live broadcast, do not despair, you can listen to the recorded version on the website of RADIO MANGO TORONTO. Please wait until Tuesday the 21st of January 2014, for the upload of the entire radio program to their web-site, and then just click on the following link.


http://www.radiomango.ca

And hey, I almost forgot,
I've now got one more thing
to add to that 'Bio' - 
about live radio
on RADIO MANGO!

Viva!

No comments: