Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Friday, August 29, 2014

Anya Teresa

OUR NEW ANGEL
Grand-daughter
ANYA TERESA FERNANDES



'THE GREAT MOMENT'
11.45 PM - 29th August 2014

And finally came the time for Mom Kate to go to the hospital after anxious and timeless moments all through the day and especially on the night of 29th August.

We waited anxiously at my son's place while my son and my wife dashed off to the hospital accompanying my daughter-in-law Kate. Thanks to Kate's Mom Teresa, Aunts Denise and Dahlia, and our dear friend Maral for their support for each other in our anxious moments during the long wait for the good news until 11.45 pm when Baby Anya was born.

There have been numerous anxious moments in my life in the past, and this moment was no exception. I have never before waited so long by the phone to hear it ring, or glanced at my watch so many times until we got the news that Baby Anya Teresa had stepped into our world of Ferns.

They say 'Motherhood is not for wimps' and undoubtedly this adage will hold true eternally. From what I've heard from my wife, Kate's patience and bravery is to be admired, as this is quality in a mother that stands out like in so many mothers around the world. In the words of my daughter Dahlia "Our angel Kasia Kate Fernandes proved to be her warrior self yet again. Amazing.

And to top it all up Kate is marathon runner and winner in real life! Check out TonFerns Blog: Kate Fernandes-Kneichweij http://tonferns.blogspot.ca/2010/05/blog-post_21.html

Congratulations to Mom Kate & Dad Denzil and to the little fellow - a.k.a. Big Brother Ari - who together with his Baby sister Anya - will make a beautiful pair indeed.

Along with my wife Edna, we take extreme pride in being grandparents for the second time. There has never been a greater feeling than having another grandchild. We look forward to continued enjoyment of spending time with the latest addition.

This song below is especially dedicated to my daughter-in-law Kate, and also to all mothers everywhere. One of my favourites songs by none than great Glen Campbell. Please give it a listen. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6MGou_HzbM


No comments: