Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pastel Pencils to Last a Lifetime!


Artistic Pastel Pencils
 by Walt Blake
of StonewaterStudio

Surely the 'Most Photographed Art by Visitors'
(some taken with visitors posing with the pencils,
including myself, and lots of 'selfies' of course!)
at Artfest Toronto 
in the Distillery Historic District.
Fri. 29 August 2014 thru till Mon.1 August 2014


Pictured above is an exhibit of my neighbour's booth. Blessed with good neighbours, Edna's Pickles had visitors of all sorts. Some were real characters who just passed by my wife's booth and others who stopped by to purchase. Apart from the usual and often visitor query "Do you make these yourself?", "My mother makes pickles too" and "Are you here all days of the year?" I do remember a classic one from this show. It went like this:

Visitor:  Do you sell on line?
Edna   :  Yes, we do - through our web-site.
Visitor:  Do you ship them as well?
Edna   :  (Silently)  Duh!


For the number of visitors that I noticed at the show, for us overall it seemed that it was a slightly slow show than usual in sales, giving me some time to go around the 'District' and take some 'Historic' pictures! Here they are below:







No comments: