Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Chris Isaak at Massey Hall - Toronto

Photo Credit: Edna Fernandes

It was my first time watching Chris Isaak live on stage in a theatre, who seems to have a great flair for showmanship along with many jokes and one liners - a walk-through of his past stage and on-road experiences. Within a few minutes into the show Chris had already established a rapport with his audience. And by the middle of the show had front seaters dancing and singing along, some of whom eventually wound up on the stage for a short time.  

I had almost forgotten about it and my evening-out with this Chris Isaak - that my daughter had booked tickets for me as well - as a treat from her side - at the Massey Hall in Toronto for last night's performance. She knows that Chris Isaak is one of my favourite singers since the early 1990's and did justice to an evening well spent with a show that lasted for over 2 hours of continuity of a list of covers of the popular songs by the likes of Roy Orbison, Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash. Chris certainly had the house rocking to his cover of Roy Orbison's 'Pretty Woman', singing along to 'I can't help falling in love with you' and total silence during his rendition of 'Only the Lonely' - my two favourites. 

Way back in the mid-1990's I bought Chris Isaak's CD after hearing him on Dubai FM 92 with my all-time favourite 'Only the Lonely'. Incidentally Dubai FM 92 gave a lot of air-time to Chris's songs. His CDs were available in music shops there.  It was a wonderful show, reminding me of 'Dubai Days' of long ago when I was a DJ and frequently played Chris Isaak's songs. I have to thank Shawn and Denise for the treat of watching one of my favourite singers in concert - and for being considerate not having made me drive all the way there which would have been a nightmare. Most certainly I could have been lost somewhere in Toronto!

This was indeed a great moment for me and my wife. It was like living through it again hearing songs that I have often played at home for my children in the past. The past concerts that I remember my daughter has taken me to, have included my other favourites too - Connie Francis, Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel, Everly Brothers, Anne Murray and Gypsy Kings. 

No comments: