Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Monday, May 13, 2019

Gondolas of Venice 1996



"The Tour, My Harmonica and Me" 

My family and I were on a bus tour of Europe in the year 1996. Halfway riding across Europe, our family of five came to be known as 'the music family" to the rest of the bus-load of tourists because we sang sometimes without boring them. So, while we were in Venice in Italy, our tour guide hired a bunch of gondolas for a tour through the canals under the arched bridges. Thinking that it was appropriate, and rightly so, he let us board on the gondola that had a duo of  musicians on board - a tenor and an accordionist. Halfway on the gondola ride,  I showed my harmonica to the musicians. Immediately, they asked to me play something. And I obliged playing 'Santa Lucia' in the key of C Major, probably to their great surprise. I guessed it sounded quite delightful to everyone's ears, with a subtle back-up on the accordion, finally letting the accordionist lead into the finale, while tourists on the accompanying gondolas and tourists over the arched bridges cheered on, much to my delight, thus making it my day.


No comments: