Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Saturday, May 04, 2019

Moonriver in Porto - Ponte Luis I Bridge, Porto, Portugal



By the way, I have an interesting anecdote regarding this song. Two years ago my wife, my two daughters, one son-in-law and myself went on a vacation to Portugal. While we were strolling along the famous Dom Luis I Bridge between the cities of Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia over the Douro River, I took out my tiny Hohner Harmonica (which I always carry on my travels) from my jacket pocket and started playing 'Moonriver' by placing my hat on the ground, on sudden impulse - just for kicks. My daughter Dahlia filmed this, and by the end of the song, tourists started throwing coins into my hat! The hat could have possibly seen enough Euros for a dinner for five had I covered few more tunes, but there wasn't enough time. Our group had to move on.

No comments: