Picturesque Goa

Picturesque Goa
NOSTALGIA - Articles,Poems & Photos

TONFERNS CREATIONS

TONFERNS CREATIONS
TONFERNS CREATIONS - Tony's Art & Hobbies

Monday, February 27, 2006

Those were the days

Very often I look back and reminisce about the good old days. I mean the good old days of TV programs and generally about life itself of that era...those were the days, the fabulous seventies, when my friends and I were in our early twenties. Every evening we would look forward to watch some of our favourite actors in the popular TV series of the time and would rush home from work. Darren McGavin in The Night Stalker, Don Knotts with his variety of comedy shows and Dennis Weaver as Sam McCloud entertained, delighted and kept us glued to the TV sets with their superb acting roles. But now I realize how much I took these actors and their episodes for granted. We enjoyed watching them an entire decade. Later, years passed by, and we were too busy playing our own roles in life. But I did ponder during the days gone by and remembered them once in a while. Unfortunately these three excellent actors are no longer with us. It is ironic and sad that they should pass away just within a span of a few days of each other. Rest in peace, my heroes.